Group excursions for groups of children and families, “countryside adventure”
Country-themed excursions with programmes for children, young people and families, from spring to autumn. The programme is engaging and includes skills and information related to the countryside and/or animals. Premises, catering and practical arrangements are available whatever the weather.
Join us for an excursion
Both adults and children: please wear clothes that are easy to wash. Outerwear should be taken off for the duration of the journey (both children and adults). Wear something warm and wind-resistant, layers are recommended. Footwear should be able to handle “countriness”.
• We recommend bringing rainwear, just in case.
• Push chairs or carts, or sledges in the winter, are a good idea for younger ones. The terrain is rocky.
• Money for the kiosk (= coins) should be put in a zippered pocket. Small sweets, soft drinks, ice cream and small souvenirs are available at the kiosk. Max 5 euros should be plenty. Younger school children can practice for the “maths lesson” in advance, for example, by adding up 1e + 50c + 50c.
• You may bring a little something for the animals, such as, vegetables, lettuce, dry bread (please make sure there is no mould). You may feed the sheep, goats, rabbits and birds but not horses, for example. They have a more regulated diet so that they stay friendly and won’t learn to nip.
• Evening groups may bring torches, for example, for the quirky tunnel and other exciting places
• Especially in the summer time, most of the programme premises are wheelchair accessible, for example, milking, animals’ outdoor fences, horse programmes, the shore area and dining facilities.
Arrival (instructions for tour guides and bus drivers)
See Google Maps and directions
Fees and invoicing
All prices are inclusive of value-added tax (VAT), which will be itemised on the invoice. Prices include admission to MuuMaa and the program of the season.
Due to the changes in the Finnish Tax Administration’s policy, services are payable upon receipt of an invoice which we will send after the visit.
After the group arrives, the group leader will be asked to fill in an invoicing questionnaire (e.g. the name and address of the payer the way they should appear on the invoice and the size of the group). Itemisation will be required for the following: children under 2, children under school age (excluding children under 2), school age children and adults. The invoicing details can also be sent by email in advance.
Please also note:
Koivuniemen Herra will invoice for reserved catering based on information available the day before the visit, but we hope to be notified of any changes +/-7 days in advance – even at the moment of departure to visit us, by calling +358 (0)40 533 8057
Free admission (if there are over 30 paid admissions): tour guide, bus driver, children under 2, also depending on the size of the group: 1 free admission / 20 paid admissions)
Reservations and inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (in Finnish, Swedish or English)